This is an important year for landlords.
- There are changes in tenancy deposit regulations
- In October anti retaliatory eviction laws will come into force which will dramatically affect how landlords can use section 21
- Further changes to section 21 will see the introduction of a new prescribed form and further limits on the use of section 21
- The government is threatening to widen the remit of HMO licensing
- Right to Rent checks are likely to become mandatory everywhere
- In Wales, new registration and licensing requirements will prevent landlords from managing their own properties unless they undergo training
And so on …
Landlords and letting agents need to get a grip on all of this or risk prosecution and penalties.
Help is at hand
These issues were all covered by the talks at our recent conferences, in Cambridge and Cardiff.
To allow everyone to take advantage of these talks, mostly delivered by specialist housing solicitors and barristers, I have created an online training course allowing you to watch the film footage of these talks online.
Its quite a hefty course as it includes footage not only from the 2015 conferences but also some talks from our earlier conferences plus ALL of David Smith’s HMO talks AND the HMO Basics series from this blog.
Plus there is 4 hours CPD (5 hours with the bonus course).
During this week, we are publishing extracts from some of the videos so please do go and visit the information page as you can learn a lot from these even if you never purchase the course.
The course is on a mobile responsive website by the way and you can watch the videos on your smart phone.