So far we have had five webinars, featuring:
- Alice Richardson on Pease v. Carter (about errors in section 8 notices)
- Justin Bates on the judicial review proceedings challenging the governments ‘right to rent’ checks scheme
- Dean Underwood on an important case on strict liability for unlicensed HMOs
- Justin Bates again on the appeal against the decision in the Trecarrel case on gas safety certificates and section 21, and finally
- Tessa Buchanan on Tyler v. Carr which is the first contested case where a Judge has ruled ‘no DSS’ policies to be indirect discrimination and therefore unlawful
When I first started doing these cases in April I decided to make a modest charge for them of £12 to raise money for charity – mainly Crisis UK, and we did raise a fair amount.
However, with the Tyler v. Carr case, I decided not to do this as this was essentially a tenant case and I did not want to deter hard-up tenants from listening to it.
Following on from that I have decided to make all current and future Legal Cases webinars free to watch, and they have all now been loaded up to the Landlord Law YouTube Channel, where you can watch them all. You will find the playlist here.
All I ask is that if you enjoy watching them or find them useful, you subscribe to our channel (you will see a big red button which will let you do that).
If you want to be notified of future webinars, sign up to the mailing list – you will find it at the bottom of the Legal Cases page